Saturday 28 August 2010

Time travel (inspired by Writer's Island)

I'm 34 years old now and no - I don't feel like going out clubbing and partying every weekend anymore. Not for a long time now.
But...sometimes (about 3 times a year)...I get the urge to do it - and I want to do it exactly the way I used to when I was still in my twenties.
I want to go back in time to those crazy years in the nineties when it was all about big raves and house music - and yes, there were drugs involved, but it's not them that I miss. It's the walking into a club and fitting in, being there with your crowd - not feeling like invading a children's birthday party. It's listening and dancing to those same old tunes, partying the night away.

Going out now is just one big disappointment after the other. It just ain't happening anymore the way I imagine it should be.

Am I clinging onto things that don't belong to me anymore?
Is it time to let go and accept that it is the next generation that is having an amazing time now and just be happy that I gave it my all when it was my time?

I don't know but when I feel like I could do with a good night out again I'd happily pay a fortune for a time machine to take me and my friends back to those times when it was our time.

No comments:

Post a Comment