Tuesday 12 October 2010

Essential (inspired by Sunday Scribblings)

I have been thinking about this prompt since Sunday now. Initially I felt very positive and inspired but the more I started thinking about the word, the less sense it seemed to make. It’s so over- and misused in our society as well. The least essential things are called essential while what’s really essential is overlooked. But what actually is really essential?
Today I got an e-mail through work from some agency that is supporting the redundancy process we are currently going through, inviting me to a workshop called “Job Search Essentials”. Yeah right, I need to find another job but is that essential? And what are they going to teach us there? How to best pretend to be the person they - whoever they are – want? Why can’t I just be myself and hope for the best? Being myself. That’s essential.
And you know what else? Breathing! Just discovered that again this morning when I sat down to meditate after a few weeks of absence from my cushion.
Life would be so much easier if we just focused on these two essentials.

No comments:

Post a Comment